Yay! It’s time for another entry in my pregnancy diary, The Bump Tales. I can finally say I’m 6 months! My bump is getting mighty big and if you’re not at least 6 months pregnant, then people start looking at you like you’re a pig (or wondering if you might be carrying more than one baby, which I am not, although it would be nice). Although today a lot of people did say I looked too big to be 6 months, sigh…
Today I went to see the OB/GYN for my 6 month check up and everything looks good except my blood pressure was a little high, 132/97, but nothing to worry about just yet. We’ll have to see if it stays high the next time around, but still, it worries me because I’ve never been that high, I’m always less than 120, most times even less than 110! Also, the doctor did say I gained 10 lbs since my last visit, which isn’t good. Sigh, I was really hoping to gain just a little bit with this pregnancy, since I was already at my highest weight to begin with, but it looks like it’s failing. I don’t know what to do now though, eat less I guess?!?! I suppose I could take more walks but when do I have the time??!! I’m either studying all day or helping my mom at her nail salon. Ugh, I suppose I’ll just have to cut back on all the fried & salty foods and pray that after the baby is born I’ll lose it all (fingers crossed!). Other than that, Baby Girl #2 is healthy & happy and I don’t have much to complain about. I did get my paperwork for all the labs I have to do next week, YAY! (note the sarcasm!) I hate doing the GTT because last time I had to do the 3 hour test too and that sucks butt. Blood work every now & then I can take but if drain me dry within 3 hours and I’m not a happy camper.
Anyways, Baby Girl can finally remember her little sister’s name whenever we ask her, which is great, but she’s always asking us if she can call her something else. We go, “Sure!”, and she goes, “That’s because I’m the boss of her right?” and then we half-heartedly say “Yes”. She revels in the fact that she can finally have someone to boss around, although she’ll be surprised at how long she’ll really have to wait for that to happen.
I’ve been going a bit overboard with the baby shopping I have to say, nothing too major yet because it’s still early, but I do get my kicks from BabySteals and other discount websites, which I believe isn’t bad since I’m shopping smartly this time around (that’s how I get away with the guilt of buying stuff, haha). I did register at Babies R’ Us & Target but haven’t really given out the info to anyone yet, it’s kind of weird this time around because it’s my second baby and it’s a girl again, but then it’s been six years, so I don’t know if anyone will even think about getting me anything. I suppose, if anything, it’s a wishlist for me to shop off later on. I do know that I’m shopping for deals from now on and no more buying things at retail value!
I’ve been noticing a lot of bubbly feelings and such all around my belly lately. I don’t know whether to chalk that up to gas or baby hiccups or what. I know what a kick feels like and what a movement feels like (which, btw, those flutters always make me stop for a minute because they feel so weird, but good weird), but these bubbly feelings I get from time to time are hard to put a finger on. Not that it’s anything to worry about, but still, pregnancy comes with so many weird feelings there’s definitely something new everyday.
New This Week:
– I am starting to notice my feet swelling up a bit, especially when I sit in front of this computer all the time, but luckily it’s not everyday and all day…yet!
– Baby Girl finally felt her little sister kick for the first time! Her face lit up like the 4th of July and it made me so happy. Now all she talks about is the baby kicking!
– I can finally say I like my bump shape. Before it was all kinds of circular messes but now it’s full and tight and I look like I’m pregnant. From here on out is what I like about being pregnant.
– Baby Girl #2 kicks and punches like a maniac! She especially doesn’t like it when I hunch over, since I have bad posture, so she kicks me below & punches me above. It’s funny when she does that and I honestly can’t get enough it that sometimes I just do it on purpose, haha!
– I feel like my face is getting rounder, and I hate it. Sigh, I love the belly, but hate all the swelling that comes with it.