I have to say I’m extremely addicted to blogging and I love figuring out how to add cool gadgets and special features to my blog all the time. I’m definitely not an expert at coding/HTML, but I do know my way around a code or two, and there’s always some tutorial out there showing you how to do something. I decided I wanted to include some important and useful tutorials of my own, if not for my readers, then for future reference in case I wanted to do a task on another blog or whatever. I’m sure these posts will be random and scattered, but it’s good to know I or anyone out there can just click my Blogging 101 tag and get all the information they need for some handy blogging tips.
My first tutorial will be –
For any new blogger out there, you’ll notice that a lot of blogs have a cute little button (like the one I have on my sidebar) with a grab box below it so readers can easily add their button to their blog. Well, here’s how you can have your own button & grab box for your blog.
To make a Grab Button:
1. Pick out a nice design from off the web, make one yourself (if you’re a Photoshop wiz or whatnot), OR you can have a button made by a graphic designer (they’re all over the web).
2. The usual size of a Grab Button is either 125×125 or 150×150. You don’t want to make it any bigger than that since most blogs have small sidebars.
3. Save your image to a photo website like Photobucket or TinyPic.
To make a Grab Box:
2. Paste the following code into the empty box that comes up:
<center><a border=”0″ href=”http://vi3tbabe.com/” target=”_blank”><img src=”http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab13/jacquiblogger/confessions/confessionsofavi3tbabebutton-150.jpg” /></a>
<textarea cols=”20″ rows=”4″><a border=”0″ href=”http://vi3tbabe.com/” target=”_blank”><img src=”http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab13/jacquiblogger/confessions/confessionsofavi3tbabebutton-150.jpg” /> </a></textarea></center>
3. Change all the information in RED to your own (i.e. Blog URL & Image URL) and click “Save”.
Voila! Nice & simple!
If you have any questions or comments just let me know.