Sometimes when I’m writing posts or reviews I want to get the link to it so I can schedule tweets or email someone the link in advance (like the company I’m reviewing or a friend who wants to see it). This tutorial will show you how to get the link for your blog posts so you can do whatever you want with it. Remember though, the link won’t work until the actual date & time it is published, but like I said, it comes in handy when you’re trying to think ahead and schedule/plan things.
1. Write your post as usual and then click “Publish Post”.
2. Right-click “View Post” so that it pops up in another tab or window and then quickly click “Edit Post” (so no one gets a chance to see your post before they’re supposed to).
3. On the post page, click “Save Now” so that your previously published page turns back into a draft.
4. You can then click “Edit” and under “Post Options” select the date & time you want the post to be published.
5. On the opened tab/window, just copy the link in the address bar and save it for future use. If you want to schedule tweets, you can paste the links to URL shortners like bit.ly or tinyURL.
Voila! Nice & simple!
If you have any questions or comments let me know.