Yay! I’m finally linking up with Jamie and friends over at The Broke and the Bookish for their awesome meme, Top Ten Tuesdays. This week everyone’s talking about books they know other people have read and they haven’t. There’s a lot of those for me, sigh, but I thought I’d mention the big ones.
1. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodgkin: There’s so much buzz about this book, both super good and bad, that it’s been at the top of my list to get the whole summer. I’m dying to get my hands on it and see how awesome it is for myself. I actually pre-ordered a signed copy from Michelle and can’t wait to get it!
2. Wither by Lauren DeStefano: I love the cover to this book and its sequel, Fever. My BBF Jamie was reading Fever a few days ago and LOVED it. She’s definitely pushing me to read Wither, even though I’ve been dying to get my hands on it already, haha. I need this book!
3. Matched by Ally Condie: I actually have this book on my bookshelf but haven’t really had the urge to read it. I’m pretty sure I’ll get to it before the next one comes out, or I might just wait until it does, but I do want to read it. It’s so ahrd debating on which book to read next!
4. Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr: Another book on the shelf that I need to dive into, but I know there’s like 10 books in this series and I’m afraid if I start I’ll have to end up buying all the books and reading them in succession haha.
5. The Iron King by Julie Kagawa: Ugh, after hearing the buzz about the 4th book in this series I really want to get this 1st book and see what all the hype is about. Am I the only one who hasn’t read this series?!?!
6. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake: This book would have to be 2nd on the list of books to buy. I love the cover and am enjoying the book tour that’s going on right now for it. The synopsis sounds interesting enough and I really can’t wait to get it.
7. If I Stay by Gayle Forman: Haha, again, my friend Jamie talked me into getting this book, after confessing that I hadn’t even heard of Gayle Forman before. I did go to a panel with her in it and Gayle read an excerpt from the book, which sounds really interesting and it’s definitely a change from the books I’ve read. I’ll have to get to this asap.
8. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White: Ah, another BIG ONE that I’m sure everyone has read but me. I wnat it! I want it!
9. Forever by Maggie Stiefvater: I have the 2nd book in the series, Linger, sitting on my shelf but I’m not extremely eager to read it because I wasn’t a big fan of the 1st. I know many out there love this series but it was a bit slow for me and I didn’t really love it. Still, I liked it enough to get the 2nd and I’ll get this one when it comes out in paperback because I have the others in paperback.
10. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare: I loved The Immortals Series and was so thrilled to hear that Cassia had created a prequel trilogy to the series. I was a little late to the scene with this series so that’s why I haven’t read this book yet, even though the second in the series is coming on at the end of the year. Everyone raves about this book and is dying for the next one, which makes me want me more, haha. I swear, it’s one of the “top books to buy” list that I’m hoping I can get through someday!