I am so happy I was able to complete my Goodreads Reading Challenge of at least a 100 books this year (YAY!) and a lot of them were 2012 releases! What were my favorites, you ask?!
In no particular order…
1. Deity by Jennifer Armentrout – What else can I say about Jen’s Covenant series that I haven’t already?! I’m always going to be the biggest fan of this series and these characters. Jen never ceases to amaze me with her awesome writing skills.
2. Defiance by C.J. Redwine – Another fantastic fantasy read. There were some truly funny scenes in this book, and I loved that it was in dual POVs. Add to that a wicked villan and a crazy world of amazing creatures, you’ve got a hit!
3. Of Poseidon by Anna Banks – One of my first mermaid books! From start to finish, I was in love. Anna’s writing is impeccable and her characters are outstanding. I can’t gush about this book enough! Can I please get Of Triton like yesterday already?!
4. Toxic by Jus Accardo – Talk about hilarious scenes and kickass heroines?! I can’t begin to express how much I love Dez. And Kale is too sweet and clueless in that adorable way. You know I love a good story about people with special abilities, and Jus does a great job here. Unputdownable!
5. Everneath by Brodi Ashton – Oh, Everneath! This one really got me feeling all the emotions, which is pretty rare for me. Plus, the cover is gorgeous! I’m seriously dying for Everbound!
6. Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry – This one was such a touching and emotional read with a pretty crazy mystery. I loved both leads, who are so messed up, witty, and sexy, you can’t help but fall for them both. I honestly couldn’t put this one down.
7. ReAwakened by Ada Adams – I was so surprised at how much I loved this series. ReVamped was such a refreshing take on vampires and the misfits are such an awesome set of interesting and fun characters, there isn’t anything I don’t like about this series. ReAwakened blew me away and I’m so in love with Sebastian, it’s not even funny. And Razor?! HOT!!! Another killer ending though! Dying for the next book!
8. Until I Die by Amy Plum – OMG! Just when I thought I loved Die for Me, Amy goes and throws Until I Die at me and I’m even more in love. Amy vision of Paris is so perfect and Kate and Vincent’s love is so pure and innocent. Ugh, and that ending?! Way to stab my heart Amy!!!
9. Shadow & Bone by Leigh Bardugo – I’m pretty sure this is one of the first fantasy books I’ve read and I’m happy to say I’m a serious fan. Leigh created such a fascinating world and I loved the characters in this book. Excellent start to what I’m sure will be a thrilling series.
10. Onyx by Jennifer Armentrout – This one knocked my socks off and I couldn’t put it down, like all JLA books. I’m pretty sure if I read Opal, I’d be saying that’s the best so far, but since I haven’t yet, I’ll have to go with Onyx. It’s awesome!
What were your top books this year?!