Uppercase Box is a monthly subscription box for readers featuring one newly released Young Adult book and a few book-related goodies.
Cost: $23 plus $6 shipping (US)
This is what is included in every box (from their website):
– Incredible Brand New, Hardcover Young Adult Book
– Signed Book or Bookplate Signed by the Author
– 1-2 High-Quality, Exclusive and Custom Bookish Items
– Uppercase Reading Experience with Exclusive Content
– Special Hand-Written and Personalized Note to You
Check out last month’s Uppercase box selection and my thoughts on it.
Here is the full box with all the bookish goodies:
And here are the products individually:
– $17.99 (Retail)/$10.58 (Amazon)
– “The comical, fantastical, romantical, (not) entirely true story of Lady Jane Grey. In My Lady Jane, coauthors Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows have created a one-of-a-kind fantasy in the tradition of The Princess Bride, featuring a reluctant king, an even more reluctant queen, a noble steed, and only a passing resemblance to actual history—because sometimes history needs a little help.
At sixteen, Lady Jane Grey is about to be married off to a stranger and caught up in a conspiracy to rob her cousin, King Edward, of his throne. But those trifling problems aren’t for Jane to worry about. Jane gets to be Queen of England.
Like that could go wrong.”
Risa Rodil tote bag – $22
Juniper & Ivy Designs “Deathly Hallows” magnet – $8
Is it worth it?
This might be one of my favorite boxes to date. I am in love with Risa’s tote bag! I love it when Risa and Lisa work together. Risa’s designs are always on point and I can always use another tote bag. The book itself is one I’ve been meaning to read and I’ve heard good things about. It’s a plus that it’s signed by all three authors as well. The magnet is pretty cool, too. I remember getting a pair of snitch earrings from this designer, also through UC, so I know her work quality is good. While this box, and this subscription service in general, is never swag-heavy, it’s usually a winner with it comes to the book choice. Lisa is always choosing something either I’ve already read and loved, or something I’m definitely interested in reading, which is more than I can say for any of the other swag-heavy book subscription services out there right now.